- Don't be afraid of failure. Not succeeding at something does not mean your world is ending (even though it might seem like it). Acknowledge your weaknesses, accept them and move on. Even when you've tried your best, the outcome will always vary, so don't be too hard on yourself.
- Work hard, play hard. Push yourself to your limits and never underestimate your capacities. Get out of your comfort zone and pursue whatever calls your name. Hard work pays off.
- Sleep on it. Whether you've had an off day or you're trying to make an important decision, sleeping clears your mind and relaxes any thought process. Bad days are normal and usually brief. Know that there will always be a better tomorrow and that today will always come to an end.
- A day filled with laughter, is a day well spent. This one is self-explanatory. Laugh until you can laugh no more, because it releases good energy and makes all your troubles go away.
- People come and go. You can't control who will stay in your life. Let people run their coarse. Friends especially come and go and that's okay, because we're all just trying to figure ourselves out and find our group of friends.
- If you don't have time, find the time. How often do you find yourself say: "I don't have time?" Too often. Time is everywhere, you just have to look for it. Find lost time for studying, reading or getting anything done. Instead of looking at your phone in cars, bus's, during lunch or after school or work, use that precious time to your advantage.
- Live in the moment. This one's cheesy, I know. We tend to always think about our future or look back into the past, but what's most important is to be present in time and cherish the moments because those will soon be distant memories.
- Acknowledge how far you've come. Be proud of everything you've done over the course of your life and pat yourself on your back.
- Listen and learn. Your growth depends on the people you surround yourself with. Listen to your teachers, classmates and family members who will have different perspectives from yours.
- Accept your perfect imperfections. We're all different inside and out. Instead of comparing yourself to others, acknowledge your imperfections and move on. Don't worry about the little things and just be you!
- Don't fit in. It's better to stand out in your own way instead of conforming to the norm. Be creative and different.
- Be grateful. If you ever catch yourself complaining or whining, remember that there are bigger problems that people are facing on a day-to-day basis. Remind yourself of all the blessings you have instead of fussing about the things you don't have.
- Jump into the unknown. Scary, I know, but taking risks might bring you to places you've never imagined. Hey, this blog is me jumping into the unknown. So if I can do it, so can you.
- Listen to criticism. We always want to hear about the good, but listening to criticism helps your growth. Apply corrections and use criticism to your advantage.
- Take time for yourself. You know yourself better than anyone else does. Solitude might seem scary to some, but it's important for your peace of mind and development.
- Breathe. When you feel lost, scared, confused or frustrated, just take a breath. Things always fall into place, so relax and breathe.
16 Things I've Learned in 16 Years
Have you ever felt like you just blinked and then suddenly 16 years of your life have just flown by? That's my current state. As you get older, time starts flying by even faster. It's important to savor every moment and learn as much as you can. The world is your oyster, so reach for the stars. So, without further ado, here are 16 things I learned in 16 years.
Life without music would be colorless. I personally love all types of different genres of music ranging from jazz to pop, classical to regga...
Let's face it, we (students) all anxiously look forward to summ er, and wh en it finally arrives, we are left with nothing to do. We hav...
Denim shorts are a staple piece to have in your wardrobe. Just like jeans, they have been around for a while now and never seem to go out o...
Have you ever felt like you just blinked and then suddenly 16 years of your life have just flown by? That's my current state. As you get...