- Exercise. I know this seems like the last thing you want to be doing during your relaxing summer, but working out kills time and keeps you active. Staying consistent with your workouts will push your body, and in the long run; make you feel more energized. Set a goal for yourself and try your best staying on track. You might be surprised by the results!
Tip: Browse Fitness Blender's YouTube channel. They have over 500 different workouts!
- DIY something. Whether you're redecorating your room or spicing up your wardrobe, crafting is fun and lets your creative juices flow. Do your research (YouTube can get addictive, trust me) and get creative!
Cutting old clothing is an easy way to revamp your closet.
- Go thrift shopping. This is the funnest activity to do alone or with your friends. If you love shopping, you should try thrifting at least once in your lifetime. Not only do you save SO much money; but it also feels like a treasure hunt. Rummaging through used clothing might seem exhausting and disgusting, but trust me, when you come across a diamond in the rough, you get filled with excitement!
- Read. Summer is the best opportunity to explore what types of novels interest you. If you're a student, take advantage of not being assigned books from teachers and actually pick up a book that attracts you. Books are food for the brain, so the more you read, the more you know. Dive in and get lost in romance, sci-fi or horror!
Some of my favorites: The Master and Margarita, The Alchemist and Unbecoming
- Go on an adventure. Find a park, a museum or a pool and get lost! Go outdoors and get some vitamin D in your system. You could gather some friends and plan a picnic in a park. You could even go to a museum and take some artsy pictures. Whatever you do, go outside!
Crazy cat lady alert!
- Change up your look. Experimenting with your makeup, hair and style is a great way to get creative. Try perfecting your winged liner or mixing and matching different clothes from your closet. You could even attempt French braiding your hair (this might take awhile before getting the hang of it). Experimenting with your look is an easy and fun way to master some skills and of coarse, kill some time.
What to do When You're Bored
Let's face it, we (students) all anxiously look forward to summer, and when it finally arrives, we are left with nothing to do. We have so much time on our hands that it's inevitable; we are struck by boredom. But fear not; here are a few things you can do to spice up your uneventful summer.
Life without music would be colorless. I personally love all types of different genres of music ranging from jazz to pop, classical to regga...
Let's face it, we (students) all anxiously look forward to summ er, and wh en it finally arrives, we are left with nothing to do. We hav...
Denim shorts are a staple piece to have in your wardrobe. Just like jeans, they have been around for a while now and never seem to go out o...
Have you ever felt like you just blinked and then suddenly 16 years of your life have just flown by? That's my current state. As you get...